WEBSTER'S 8 DEFINITIONS|
RELATING TO GLOBAL WARMING
- SUSTAINABLE: relating to, or being a method of harvesting or using a resource so that the resource is not depleted or permanently damaged.
- EARTH: the planet on which we live that is third in order from the sun.
- ATMOSPHERE: the [thin layer of] air surrounding the Earth, [which controls the climate].
- PROTOTYPE: an original something [which cannot be readily replaced], on which a [usually smaller]
something else is patterned.
- EXPERIMENT: a tentative procedure [aimed at developing knowledge].
- FOSSIL: [something] preserved from a past geologic age.
- FUEL: a material used to produce heat or power by burning [in order to power machines or vehicles].
- POLLUTION: the action of polluting [a natural body or entity] with man-made waste [or materials].